Monday 14 October 2013

Where the Wild Things Are


Since I wasn’t able to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving back home with the family, my grandma’s homemade pumpkin pie and scrumptious turkey, I had the second best thing: carrot cake and spending time with Phil’s family. Phil’s niece and nephew came for a visit and after drawing a treasure map we took Phil’s cute nephew Vic for an adventure in the woods. While we were off gallivanting, scaling muddy hills and scouting acorns and chestnuts the carrot cake was cooking nicely in the oven. Exhausted we headed back just in time for a decadent slice of heaven. After having a family dinner, the boys and I put our best poker faces on and played some cards. The night ended with me beating the boys at their own game. 






The adventure begins






The final result 

Perfect end to the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment